My Desktop ...

I believe in coincidences! Just a few days ago I was telling my wife that I happen to see a new meme called What's on your desktop circulating around and I'll bet I would be tagged for it eventually ... LOL! (being a bit conceited here) and sure enough, as if by some supernatural magic, I was tagged for it by the one and only Genie Princess (who should still be bugging that Genie King for my wishes by the way!). Now is that a coincidence or what ... LOL!

Well, it looks and is really an easy and fun meme to do. At least by the time the meme gets around the blogsphere, we'll all have an idea how everyone's desktop looks like :D And since (as Marzie put it, Spiff is not as lazy as his alter-ego Nick) I actually got down to doing this one pretty fast :D

I like my desktop clean, don't really like to see any folders at all on my desktop. In fact, I have this fetish and fantasy to own a Mac one day. I'm no Mac fan but being in the advertising industry and seeing what a Mac can do, sure does stir up some strange hormonal changes in a man ... LOL! But I'm using a PC system for myself which is more compatible with all those pirated ... urrmm ... I mean cheap games I buy:)

So, since I don't own a mac, I've kinda modified my desktop to function like one. Ive removed the usual window's start bar and installed a task bar which is something you would see on a Macintosh. Changed all my icons to be as close to a Mac as it possible could imitate. (ok, ok, I should go get a mac already, but do you know how much those things cost?). As you can see, my desktop is pretty clean, just the taskbar at the bottom and nothing else. My wallpaper changes with my moods. Currently it's still in Transformers mode but I've got a few more such as Spawn, Hellboy, Spiderman, etc,etc ... yeah, yeah, I'm influenced a lot by comic characters :) And so, there you have it. That's what my desktop looks like ...

Well, Marzie was true to her word, it was a fairly simple meme to do and as always with meme's, I've got to tag a few others to carry on with the meme. Now, that's where I have a problem. I've been threatened with bodily harm by some of my bloggers about tagging them ... LOL ... so, I'm going to be careful with who I tag :D But before that, a word form our sponsors .... hehehe ... not really, here are the rules and stuff.

My Desktop Free View Instruction:

Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop.It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun. You can do a screen capture by:
  1. Going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key).
  2. Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.
  3. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of icons. Things like that.
  4. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.
  5. Add your name to this list of Free Viewers with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants

People who have already shamelessly displayed their desktop so far:

20 weird comments:

J@n!ce said...

Thanks for the tag. This is my 4th tag on the same meme. How come your notebook shape is so weird? Is it some camera trick? hehe ;p

COol wallpaper though, goes so well with this blog lah !!

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Janice, sorry to tag you, but you've been one of my regular visitors over here, I just couldn't not tag you, besides, go blame Marzie for this ... LOL!

That's not my notebook la ... hehehe ... I just superimposed my The laptop I'm using is a Dell and it's sooooo much more boring looking than that image ... hehehe ... I wish they made laptops in shapes like that though :D

Mariuca said...

Wah! GP is very impressed with Spiff! First he makes a very simple genie wish, and now he shows off his very neat and clean desktop! Good show la Spiff and I will happily add u to my list now! Oh btw, hubbs is getting his own Mac soon, yay! But I don really know what's so great about this Mac so I'll have to wait n see when he gets his later!

PS. Ok, ok... I will continue to bug GK abt ur wish. GK has been busy la, very hard to get hold of him nowadays LOL! :):):)

Genie Princess

Anonymous said...

Marzie, tell your hubby I'm totally envious of him and his Mac! LOL! A Macintosh is like the Ferrari of computers la ... hehehe ...

Yeah, that genie king fellow seemed to have vanished from the face of the earth. Probably owes too many people wishes ... LOL!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

nick, i have the same wallpaper! cool right!! yay! optimus prime!!

Nessa said...

Ahh, this tag I like... doesn't need so much thinking!! Hehe

Thanks for the tag, will post this soon as I can:)

Menopauseprincess said...

Spiff,

I own a mac and LOVE it. Yes, it was a bit more money (I may still be paying for it on my c.c)
but so worth it. Get a mac, you know you want one!

Anonymous said...

Jean, you have the same wallpaper huh, cool. I change mine according to my moods. Long live Optimus Prime ...

Anonymous said...

Nessa, glad you like this tag, you know you're my tag target right ... LOL! Looking forward to seeing you post your desktop to the world :)

Anonymous said...

MP, I'm really ENVIOUS of you! Got to go bug that Genie King for my wish, so I can go buy 2 or 3 soon ... LOL!

Bobby Revell said...

Okay. . ."Spiff". I now know who you are!I was pleasantly surprised to see the name Nick Phillips as the author! I digg that super-cool header!

This is a very unique blog, I like it!!!!!

I added a link to my desk top post beaming all the way across the universe to your new space home! I'll add this blog to my blogroll for ease of navigation (space is a big place)! Thanks "Spiff" LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bobby, welcome to Spiff's page :) And don't you confuse me with that no good lazy bum Nick, I'm the better looking one ... LOL!

Thanx for the add, much appreciated. I could do with a little exposure seeing as how I'm pretty new with this blog ... LOL!

emilayusof said...

Cool desktop, Spiff! Have added you to my list.

Anonymous said...

Emila, thanx for the add ...

DiamondsSaphire said...

I have never seen such am empty desktop!! LOL..mine isn't to bad. Thanks for the tag!

Anonymous said...

Diamond, I'm a stickler for a clean desktop. Waiting to see how yours is.

DiamondsSaphire said...

Ok...Mine is posted!

Anonymous said...

Hey Diamond, that was fast :D I'll go check it out soon

J@n!ce said...

Nick, I saw the same destop pic over at Jean's & immediately recognise it over at yours too which I've seen before. :):)

Janice Ng

Anonymous said...

Janice, yeah, Jean has the very same desktop image too, guess she must be a transformers fan ... LOL!