Reading Neglect.

I haven't read a real good book in a long time. In fact to be really honest, I haven't read any books since I started blogging! And that's not really a good thing for me. I guess too much, well almost all my free time is spent blogging. I love reading. I even think I wrote a post about my addiction to reading in my other blog a long time ago. And I used to read every single free time I had. But that was until I discovered blogging. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But I know I miss my reading tremendously.

I have a big appetite when it's comes to reading. I have a huge (well, not really that huge) collection of books at home ranging from the likes of Clive Cussler (one of my all time favourites), Harold Coyle, Dan Brown, Tom Clancy, etc and not forgetting the load of various authors for my Star Trek novels and I think I've read all of them at least a minimum of 10 times, no kidding! I can never get enough of reading. I used to borrow books or rather rent them from this bookshop near my house and most of the time I never return them ... LOL! Well, I've paid for it anyway. I'd get back some money if I did return them but it's cheaper than buying a whole new novel which is at least 3 times the price.

I really got to pry myself away from this blog once in a while and immerse myself in a good book one of these days or I'll probably forget how to read ... LOL! Maybe this weekend I'll head out to that Rent-A-Book shop and see what new stuff they have for me to rent and not return ... hehehe ... That is if I can resist the temptation of my blog. There are a couple of books out there that I've got my eye on, namely a new Clive Cussler novel that I forgot the title and one book that they based the TV series The Unit on called Inside Delta Force. I've been dying to get my hands on it for a long time but can't find it here. I checked on eBay and the shipping charges alone makes it not worthwhile buying. Hopefully I can find a copy here at a much cheaper price.

So, there you have it folks, an admission from a reading junkie that he hasn't read a decent book in months! Shameful isn't it? I hang my head down in despair and utter humiliation ... LOL! Damn, this blog can be so bloody addictive and having two blogs to maintain can be even worse. While blogging may be something that takes all my attention and free time now, my love for reading will never disappear. I shall make a promise with myself to rekindle my affair with reading and get a nice good book this weekend and stay away from this evil blog ... muahahahaha ...

2 weird comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick, it's cool that you love reading. It kinda shows in the way you write that you're a person who reads a good deal. It's a good hobby to have :)

Anonymous said...

Andy - Yeah, I think it's a good thing to read too but I hardly get time these days ... sigghhhh ...