Holiday? Again?

I'm so happy today. I found out that this Thursday is a public holiday. I thought there wouldn't be anymore holidays for the month of September but this refreshing news is welcomed indeed.

This Thursday is Malaysia day. It is held on September 16 every year to commemorate the establishment of the Malaysian federation on the same date in 1963. It marked the joining together of Malaya, North Borneo, Sarawak, and Singapore to form Malaysia. Of course, Singapore were the smart ones and eventually decided to go their way.

This is the first time it's been given official public holiday status (or at least I think it is) and I'm looking forward to it. Another day I can spend lazing around the house trying out my new equestrian apparel. Now if only I had a horse to go along with it ... LOL!