A Mailbox With Attitude!

Every morning before I leave for work, I'll always give my car a couple of minutes warming up time while I drink my coffee (which I must have or I'll be a grouch all morning) and check the mailbox to see if there's any letters or junk in it.

And this morning when I checked my mailbox, I found a few bills and letters in there and they were totally soaked! It has been raining consistently every evening for the past coupe of days and the mailboxes here just aren't built well enough to keep them really waterproof. In fact, the mailboxes in this country are so bland and just doesn't have soul.

'Now, why would anyone want a mailbox with soul, Spiff?'


And why not? Have you taken a look at our mailboxes? They're just plonked as part of the entrance structure and not given anymore thought, just like mine at home. And most times when it rains, my letters and bills get totally drenched. I don't know about the rest of you guys but mine does.

I actually like the mailboxes I see overseas. I've seen some pretty creative ones and they all have a certain soul and character to them. Take a look at some of the pictures of those mailboxes below. Now aren't they gorgeous? And don't they have a certain character to it? Doesn't it make you wanna check your mail every hour and I don't mean the one in your PC, ok ... LOL!


Unfortunately, they don't even have any companies here specializing in mailboxes at all unlike overseas where you can find companies like Seattleluxe.com for example, that specializes in all kinds of mailboxes for both residential and commercial uses. There are so many that you can choose from and if you don't find one that you like, you can have it custom built to your specifications. Cool eh?

Maybe I should consider making a mailbox with attitude for myself. Something that would give an indication of what kind of person lives in the house. And since I'm a spaceman and all that, maybe a nice rocket ship mailbox. What do you think? Is that attitude enough for a mailbox? LOL!