The Ghost Town

Gee, it really doesn't feel like Hari Raya in the neighbourhood that I live in. The place is practically a ghost town unlike the previous years. This year, I only heard firecrackers going off once and that was about 10 minutes ago!

Either everyone has gone back to their hometowns or people are keeping the celebrations on a lower and more quieter scale. Up to a couple of years ago, the moment Hari Raya came around, they'd be loads of fireworks and crackers going off at midnight and into the early hours of the morning. And usually it'll keep me awake all night.

But last night I slept like a baby :D I think I only woke up once somewhere around 2.00am to check on the boys cos it was raining and they keep their windows open. Other than that, I was sound asleep. Well, the rain did make the place all that much cozier as well :D

The first day of my long holiday was well spent by waking up late, lazing around, watching a little TV and grabbing a nice short (and it really was short) nap :D I even managed to ignore my blog all day until now :D Ok, I did peek a little this afternoon but didn't really stay online for long.

I'm going to call it an early night. Mrs. Spiff is already lying in bed going through her Ikea catalogue for the urrrmmm, thousandth time I think (hehehe) and I think it's time I join and her give her something else to do besides reading that Ikea catalogue ... LOL! You all have a great Thursday morning tomorrow and to those of you who are working, well my sympathies ... hahaha ...

4 weird comments:

foongpc said...

Maybe everyone can't afford to balik kampong this year. Don't you prefer the nice and quiet especially during the night? Although some firecrackers can put you in the celebratory mood, I guess : )

Anonymous said...

Foongpc - I am appreciate of the peace but some celebratory mood, as you put it, would be nice too :D Hope you're enjoying your holidays ...

Anonymous said...

yup my sis stayed put in Subang this year. said it was so peaceful yet a little scary..

i love those ikea catalogs too. there's something about it that keeps me flipping through it lah. never get bored with it. leaves a lot to be desired...

Anonymous said...

Constance - Subang was like a dead town and it was really nice for a change :D I went to one of the hypermarts here and could practically park right by the entrance ... hehehe ...

Yeah, same la you and Mrs. Spiff, she's perpetually glued to that catalogue that I think she could work at IKEA! LOL!