A King And His Boys ...

Okay, I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of the current Malaysian football team simply because they've been a huge disappointment all these years. But I'll give credit where credit is due. My heartiest congratulations to this crop of youngsters who won the AFF Suzuki cup against the Indonesians last night.

They did a great job and in the brief moments I was watching them play, they brought back glimpses of the great Malaysia football team of the 70's. As far as I'm concerned that was seriously the last time Malaysia ever stood out as a football force.

I dare say that if some meddling, publicity seeking moron (normally some equally moronic politician) not interfere with this batch of youngsters and its coach, I dare to dream of a better state of football in this country.

From what I saw of these youngsters they actually knew how to play football which was really surprising by today's standards of football in this country. For the first time in god knows how many millenia, I was actually rooting for this boys to win. And win they did, in style at that. Let's hope it doesn't get to their heads though.

Though I'm not really holding my breath for a football revival in this country but at least with the proper coach and a determined batch of youngsters, there really might be some hope. So congrats to the Malaysian Tigers and their coach, K. Rajagopal, you guys did great and deserve some men's rings emblazoned with the image of the mighty Malayan Tiger on it :D