Dirty Rice For A Spaceman

I actually love eating seafood but unfortunately there are certain types of seafood that I just cannot eat. And it's not because I don't like them or anything. I'm just allergic to them. If I eat them, I'll get rashes on my throat and die, ok, not really die but it will cause me great breathing difficulties and I'd be trying to put my whole arm down my throat to try and scratch the itch in there. Not a good sight I tell you.

And the seafood culprit that I have to keep my distance from are things like prawns, crabs and lobsters! Any other kind of seafood is just fine with me. But one thing I am particular about any seafood product is its freshness and the best kind would be those that are found domestically because for one, they're local and secondly they're fresh and anything that is fresh would most likely taste great.

Now, why am I talking about seafood at 12.20 in the morning? Well, I stumbled upon this contest called the Great American Seafood cook off at where else but www.GreatAmericanSeafoodCookOff.com ... hehehe ... And I discovered some pretty yummy looking seafood recipes. One that caught my attention was the Mississippi Redfish Courtboullion with Seafood Dirty Rice created by Chef John Currence from Mississippi.


Now anything with rice will always be a hit with me :D And the recipe looks so yummy that I wouldn't alter it in any way. But then, with my limited cooking knowledge, I don't think I could make it any better even if the fate of the world depended upon it ... LOL!

There's even a contest for it going on. Unfortunately I can't take part (hhrrrmmppphhh!!!) cos it's limited to you lucky people living in the good old USA. Imagine, you could win an all expense paid trip to the lovely New Orleans by simply voting for your favorite recipe from the 5 listed there. Darn, it's so easy I know I could win the trip!